Thursday, January 28, 2010

Building Relationships

Hi everyone :)

We have been in Phuket (Poo-KET) now for about a week and a couple days. I'm in love with this ministry! God has really been revealing his glory and faithfulness to my team and me! During the day, we have the option to do several types of jobs, such as helping with construction work for the ministry, painting, gardening, and hanging out with the beautiful girls as they’re involved with their baking and jewelry making. We also continue prayer-walking in the city of Patong in preparation for the nighttime ministry there. We live each day without set plans, and have discovered that when we allow God to lead our ministry times, they are always so much better!

The night ministry in the bars of the Red Light District is going great. We are continuing to build relationships with different girls. As I mentioned in my last update, I felt called to build a friendship with one particular girl. If you’re wondering how that's going...it's going awesome! Her name is "Pong." She works there because she needs to send money home to her family (much like all the other girls in Patong who work as prostitutes.) She is around 21 years old and attends the local university when she has time. She has been working in Patong for about three weeks and hates it, which is where we come in :) I told her about SHE Ministry and she was very interested in learning more. Our translator invited her to lunch, but declined going to see the ministry...for now :). She did go out with our translator, “Pi Jah,” for ice cream yesterday and they had a great talk! Mark, the head of the ministry here, said that’s a huge step for a girl to hang out with us outside her job! Every time she sees us, she lights up and so do I :) God has really shown me how badly he wants to take away her burdens and how much he loves her. Be praying for her and all the other lovely women of Patong. Pray that their eyes will be opened to the seriousness of what they are doing, and their hearts captured by Jesus' love for them, so they will turn from prostitution.

My team and I are doing great and love what we’re doing, but it can be overwhelming at times and we get tired easily. So please be praying for our strength and endurance these next two weeks as we finish our work here!

Love and miss you all!

See you soon,
Dana :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear Dana! This is my first time on Blog.
    Your mom told me about you and what you are doing. I have read all your letters and I am touched by the experiences you are having and sharing. You are out there doing God's work. I will be praying for you pretty girl and those you are helping to know Jesus. May God light your way. Love, Miss Kitty

    ReplyDelete