Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finally...Phuket!

After twenty-four hours of bus travel, we have arrived at our last location, Phuket, Thailand. It is absolutely beautiful. I love the ministry work we are doing here. :) We will be here for three weeks, working with a local family who helps women and girls working as prostitutes in the bars of the red light district in Patong, a city near Phuket (pronounced Poo-ket). These beautiful women are lost and need God’s love in their lives and I'm ready to share that with them! :) Our team will be going to the bars at night and making friendships with the girls. Some members of my team and I have been down to the bars to prayer-walk and hang out with some of the girls a few times. Every time we have gone to one of the bars, I have made a personal connection with one specific girl. Although she barely speaks English, God has shown me his heart for her in particular. I plan to continue getting to know her and visit with her every time we go there. Please be praying for that friendship to grow!

That is all I have for now. Thank you so much for your support and prayers :)

Miss you all,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment